Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Kanye West featuring Nas - We Major (Bittersweet White Lotus Mashup)


As I was surfing the web today I came across this mashup by DJ White Lotus (I have absolutely no idea who he is). Anyways, he does a great job meshing Kanye West and Nas' "We Major" with The Verve's "Bittersweet Symphony." I'm not completely down with mashups such as this one because I feel like they really can't be that hard to make. That being said, I think this track has a great sound to it.....let us know what you think!

Kanye West featuring Nas - We Major (Bittersweet White Lotus Mashup)

Jay-Z and The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony (Remix) **PERSONAL FAVORITE**

1 comments:

2xUeL said...

What's up Skeetbeatz, DJ White Lotus here. Just wanted to say thank you for posting my mashup on your blog! I enjoyed reading the paragraph you wrote. I admit that what I did with this wasn't the most difficult thing I've ever done, but I must add that getting Kanye and Nas to ride this beat well, especially during the breaks, took a decent amount of time and effort. I chop up the acapellas in Pro Tools to no end to make sure everything sits just right, because I think the idea is that the MC's cadence would have been a little different if they recorded over this beat originally. In addition, I believe the art of the mashup is a direct outgrowth of having nothing but two turntables and a mixer, which is why I think it deserves respect. I'm assuming that your comment is eluding to the popular opinion that it takes more effort and creativity to do a bonafide "remix" with one's own instrumental. I'm not a producer, I'm a DJ, and this is my art =) Thanks again

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More