Tuesday, September 20, 2011

[Hip-Hop] J. Cole - Nobody's Perfect (feat. Missy Elliott)


Admittedly, I am not entirely on the J. Cole bandwagon like most people. Sure, he performed a great concert at Union a year and a half ago before he became so popular. Sure, I approached him after the show and he seemed like a really down-to-earth guy (he even signed the Larry Bird jersey I was wearing!) But I don't think he's the next Jay-z like some people make him out to be.

When I first saw that J. Cole had come out with a track featuring Missy Elliot I literally laughed out loud. Whenever I think of Missy Elliot my mind immediately turns to when I was 11 years old and saw the "Get Your Freak On" video for the first time. The scene in which she spits about 100 feet across the room into some guy's mouth was the most repulsive/hilarious thing I had ever seen. Anyways, I gave "Nobody's Perfect" a shot and I really like it. J. Cole raps at a slow pace for the duration of the song, which allows the listener to grasp his lyrics and appreciate the story he's telling. Missy's chorus is the icing on the cake (who knew she had such a good voice?)

Sorry for the long-winded post. Listen to the song, you'll like it.

J. Cole - Nobody's Perfect (feat. Missy Elliott)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More