Tuesday, August 9, 2011

[Hip-Hop, Witch House] Ghost Town DJ's- My Boo (Balam Acab Remix)

Ghost Town DJ's 1996 smash "My Boo" was a staple on the teen slow-dance circuit and was played at exactly 95% of all weddings in the hood in the latter part of the 1990's. Laden with heavy bass inspired by the Miami Bass/Booty Bass movement, the original track blended R&B style vocals with a high-tempo electro beat. It was released on Jermaine Dupri's record label So So Def, sometimes called Very Def. This Balam Acab remix is a fresh take on the classic and is nearly impossible to play just once. Dipset sampled "My Boo" on their 2005 song " I Wanna Be Your Lady".



Ghost Town DJ's- My Boo (Balam Acab Remix)



The Diplomats- I Wanna Be Your Lady



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More